Saturday, November 26, 2011

Free Author Interview: Don Dollton

Author Name:
Don Dollton

Where can we find your book? 
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0063HSXQW

How much does it cost?
$2.99USD

Tell us a little about your book.
A collection of stories and observations by a native Californian who has traveled the world and learned a lot about human nature. This work recalls growing up in the California of the 50’s and 60’s, Don’s travels throughout the world, and his perspective on contemporary American life.
Do you have any upcoming projects?
I am editing my sitcom pilot House Husband and marketing this to Hollywood. I also have an animation movie screenplay and a western screenplay in progress.

What has your journey as a writer been like?
I have had my letters to the editor published throughout my life and I have kept journals for over 30 years.  I had heart surgery earlier this year and I finally reached the point where I could look the blank page in the eye and fill it in with my stories.

Why did you choose to self publish?
I am a loner and prefer to do things on my own.  Instead of having a publisher or agent or critics say no, I can go out to the public where I know I will get a yes when they read my book.

Would you do it again?
Yes definitely. I am doing it now by taking my notes for my sequel.

Please share some advice to help future authors.
It has to be you and your story. I write about what I have experienced in my life travels and this makes the writing easy.

BIO
Don Dollton served as a Russian linguist with a Top Secret clearance in the U.S. Army Security Agency.  He has an MBA from the Thunderbird School of Global Management and has traveled to over forty countries for business and pleasure in Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. He has also traveled to over 40 states and enjoys collecting, garage sales, dogs and his family life while being a house husband.


No comments:

Post a Comment