Now...my thoughts on this journey for those of you who haven't attempted this feat yet.
- Trying to work on a sequel which takes a lot of thinking and planning is not a good idea for Nano
- Editing...yeah I still have to do it as I go!
- Word counter how I love to hate you!
- Writing buddies are invaluable
- The feeling you get when you know you've reached your goal...PRICELESS!
Many people look at the 50,000 word mark and convince themselves they can't do it. Trust me...it can be done but it takes a lot of effort, time management and a good idea.
My goal for next year's Nano:
- start a completely new project for Nano
- stop obsessively updating my word count
- spend time helping others reach their goals
- increase word count to 70,000
- do my "I did it" dance again!