Sunday, October 23, 2011

Free Author Interview: Janet Lynn


Self Published Authors is happy to introduce you to Janet Lynn.  Her passion for mysteries is shared by many.  Best of luck Janet!


Where can we find your book? Amazon.com (Kindle Books) and Smashwords.com or http://www.janetelizabethlynnauthor.blogspot.com

How does much does it cost?  $2.99

Tell us about your book.  South of the Pier is the first of a four part murder mystery series.

Palmer Railton, well known lobbyist, is brutally murdered on his doorstep resulting in a media frenzy. In the meantime, Camille Brewster, calls her twin sister, Connie Cane, excited about Palmer’s wedding proposal, and huge ruby engagement ring. Connie, former CSI, must keep her devastated, smartass sister from getting killed during the murder investigation, along with Detective Marcello Prado.

Kidnapped, Camille ends up stranded in a Guatemalan jail; an Interpol agent holds the key to her freedom. The murderer is arrested. The final clue is in Connie’s hands when she realizes they have the wrong person is in jail.

Do you have an upcoming project?  My second in the series of The Pier Murders:  West of the Pier will be available end of October. I also have a mystery (not murder) entitled, Eggnog which I hope to have available for the holidays.

What has your journey as a writer been like?  It has been an amazing journey! It has been a dream of mine for the last 40 years to write novels. Finally, ten years ago I decided I couldn’t wait any longer; I had to try and write. Once I tapped into my creative juices, the stories, and characters just seemed to flow.

Why did you chose to self publish?  E-publishing is the wave of the future. I wanted to get on the ground floor of this amazing technology.

Would you do it again?  Definitely, over, and over again.

Do you have any advice to help future Authors?  The most important thing for new and upcoming writers is to keep writing-even if it’s a short story, essay, anything. Keep writing and finish each piece before beginning another writing project.

Who is your favorite author?  Sue Grafton, Carl Hiassen

What drives you to write? Something inside, I’m not sure what.  When I am not writing for any length of time, I miss it terribly. Almost like swimming and not being able to come up for air.

What is unique about yourself that you would like readers to know? I love writing mysteries especially the murderous kind! When I am relaxing on a Sunday afternoon on my patio, my mind tends to start imagining different ways to kill people. I don’t know why, perhaps it’s my alter ego!
What time of day do you write best? I write one hour every day seven days a week, from 5:00-6:00 or 6:00 to 7:00, depending on what I have scheduled for my work day.  I still have a day job to deal with.

What struggles have you overcome as a writer? I think the discipline to writing regularly for the last eight years has been monumental. It was struggle at first, but I made it happen, and now it’s part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment