Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Free Author Interview: Kelly Preston

Author Name:  Kelly Preston

Where can we find your book?  Real Dogs Don't Whisper can be found at the following locations: 
Real Dogs Don't Whisper (http://www.realdogsdontwhisper.com/) Amazon.com
BookShop Santa Cruz

How much does it cost? eBook/ePub 9.99; Paperback 9.99; and Hard cover 20.99. 

Do you have any upcoming projects? I have a few projects coming up; the first one that is coming up is taking Real Dogs Don't Whisper to Mobile (Smartphone) platforms.  Very shortly, the book will be available in either iTunes or MarketPlace.  Once I have this completed, I am looking at taking the chapters within my book and creating children's books.

What has your journey as a writer been like?  It has been very fulfilling.  I had no idea how much writing can touch one's life; or, for that matter, how many lives are touched.  I wrote this book from my heart and wanted to share an inspirational story about special need dogs; and, the feedback has been priceless.

Why did you choose to self publish?  I selected self publishing for several reasons.  The first being that the more I read and did research on obtaining an agent for the traditional path was becoming more and more challenging.  With all the options now available for self publish, I thought that I would have a better opportunity this way; especially with digital efforts.

Would you do it again? Yes, I would (and will); of course, if there are any agents/managers that would like to represent me, I am open and receptive (lol).

Please share some advice to help future authors.  Some of the advice that I can give is consistent marketing; think outside the box and do not be afraid to take risks. Also, go in to this with patience and the utmost dedication to your cause. 

How do you plan to promote your book? I am using Ad Words, Google Display Network, FaceBook, Tumblr, Twitter, my own website (http://www.realdogsdontwhisper.com/), YouTube, press releases, pet events.  Just to name a few marketing efforts that I have started. 

How did you create your characters? My characters are my dogs; since this is a true story, they have supplied endless amounts of material.  Some content funny; some heart warming; and some tear jerking.  They certainly have been an important part of this book.

How do you juggle life around your writing? Boy that is a great question! I am still trying to find the balance, let me get back to you on that one.  However, if anyone knows the secret, please share.


No comments:

Post a Comment